You’re ready to start your weight loss. You’re tired of your clothes not fitting. You’re tired of getting winded when you go up a short of stairs. There are so many “lose weight diet plans,” supplements, exercise programs, and other diet aids that it can be very confusing on what will work and what is a scam. Here are seven tips to lose weight without exercise that will help jump-start your weight loss and keeps it moving forward.
One of the hardest things to accomplish is to lose weight. You can starve yourself. You can exercise for hours at the gym. You step on the scale, and you still haven’t lost an ounce. What is the deal, anyway?
The problem is that you aren’t targeting the real problem. Think back to when you first started to gain weight. What was going on in your life? How did you learn the lifestyle habits that are affecting your attempts at weight loss now? Until you retrain your brain and your body to lose weight, you won’t be able to lose the weight and keep it off. Keeping the weight off is the most significant obstacle that many people face.
1. Why Diets Don’t Work-It’s estimated that most people lose about 10 to 15 percent of their body weight when they begin a diet. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? The problem isn’t with this initial weight loss, however. The problem is that between a third and two-thirds of people put that weight right back on and then some. They gain back more weight than they lost, to begin with. This can have severe consequences for your health. This type of yo-yo dieting can harm your body, as it has been shown to cause an increased risk for diabetes, stroke, and cardiovascular disease.
Diets don’t work, at least not for the majority of the population. Most people do not continue to eat that way for the rest of their lives. You can count calories, carbohydrates, and fat grams, but what if you want a piece of pie? Most diets won’t let you have it, so then you feel deprived, or you eat it and feel guilty. Unless you completely change the way you eat for the remainder of your life and how you deal with everyday problems, a diet will not work.
2. Fad Diets Don’t Work: Counting calories, fat grams, and carbohydrates are not an effective way to lose weight either. You need a balanced nutritional program, no one that targets only one food group or part of a food group.
3. You Won’t Lose Weight with Just a Pill: It seems like everyone today has a pill that is touted as the latest weight loss miracle drug. Merely take a pill a couple of times a day, and the weight will fall off. This is not the way to lose weight, and it won’t work.
4. Do Not Expect Immediate Results: You can’t lose twenty pounds in a week’s time. The healthiest way to lose weight is to lose one to three pounds a week.
5. Hypnosis Works: Of all the weight loss programs out there today, hypnosis has one of the highest success rates. It’s not the Las Vegas hypnosis show style, either. One of the most successful forms of weight loss hypnosis is usually accomplished through a DVD or CD program. You can use these programs at your leisure, which makes them even more useful.
6. Don’t eat after Six: You don’t want to eat at least three hours before you go to sleep. All that food is not converted to energy will be stored as fat.
7. Eat Several Small Meals a Day: The key to weight loss is not food deprivation. It’s eating several small meals a day to keep your metabolism high, which means you burn more fat stores in your body.
These are not the only tips that will help you lose weight. However, you have to realize that it’s taken a lifetime for your mind to program you to gain weight. The only way to lose weight and successfully keep it off is to retrain your mind and body.
You need to understand why you are living the way you are and why you keep eating. You may find that several things can trigger your weight gain. This is one reason why hypnosis works so well to lose weight. You can finally target the root of the problem and not just the symptoms. This is what you need to learn to know how to lose weight.